Funny Thing About Finding Quick And Easy Recipes - Food - Recipes

Have you done a search for a quick and easy dinner recipe lately? I ask because I noticed something interesting the other day when I did a Google search for a quick and easy recipe for dinner this past weekend. The thing about that search that struck me as funny was the fact that all I had to search for was quick and easy, I did not have to mention what was quick and easy that I was looking for. No mention of dinner, appetizers, meals or another one hundred ways to cook a chicken nothing no mention of food what so ever.

I suppose it struck me as funny because I could think of quite a few things that I would look for that were quick and easy and none of them involve food. Yet when I tried to search just on quick and easy for all three major search engines they all assumed that I was looking for quick and easy recipes. Yes it's true that quick and easy recipes is exactly what I was looking for and for the most part they all gave basically the same food sites to find quick and easy recipes.

Just got me thinking how often people around the world must be looking for quick and easy recipes that all I have to type now is quick and easy. I did find a delicious recipe for a chicken and pasta dinner with diced red peppers and yes it was quick and easy! This also got me to thinking about how the concept of spending a decent amount of time to cook a good meal with more than five ingredients has become a lost art form really. Some of the most popular cooking shows on the Food Network for example are all about limiting your ingredients and preparing your meals in thirty minutes or less.

I reflect on the cooking habits that go on in our house and I would have to say that the only time we spend more than a half hour on any meal usually means we are cooking a holiday feast. Other wise I suppose we are like everyone else looking for short cuts to making our meals. This led me to another thought about all these quick and easy meals that perhaps all this short cut cooking that we all do and cutting back on ingredients is part of the reason so many people are fighting obesity and poor health. Not to say that quick and easy recipes are not healthy but that maybe they are missing some of the key ingredients and nutrients that we used to get in our daily nutrition but are now being shorted in the interest of saving time and money.





iAutoblog the premier autoblogger software

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.